New! Petal Cone DieJan 17th, 2011 | By Wanda | Category: 2011 Occasions Mini, Announcements, archives, Recent Posts, Valentines
Candy Wrapper Swap
I just returned from the 2011 Stampin’ Up! Leadership conference and once again, this company never ceases to amaze me. What a great company to be associated with and I always walk away inspired with new ideas!
I’ll be sharing pictures of the event in the next couple of days, but first I wanted to share this. I participated in a Candy Wrapper swap with some of the other demonstrators and this is the candy holder I made with the new Petal Cone die that’s featured in the new 2011 Occasions mini. Isn’t this simply to die for??? (sorry, no pun intended). <giggle> These are so much fun to make and are sooo easy, too! You will be hooked once you get your hands on one. They’re pretty ample as well as far as holding a good amount of candy/goodies.
Things to know:
- I used some of the fun new Designer Series Paper from the 2011 Occasions Mini (Love Impressions) to decorate the "petals" of the cone.
- You may not be able to see by this picture, but I punched the small hearts out of the Red Glimmer Paper (you have GOT to get some of this – no fuss, no mess!) and put one on each of the three sides of the cone – I only added the ribbon bow to the front.
- I also ran the cut-out pieces of cone through the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder before assembling the cone.
- I used sticky tape to hold the two cone pieces together and small pieces to hold the petals down.
A picture of the die can be seen below, and as you can see, you also get a mini "banner" to cut on this die and a 1/2 scallop that can be used to decorate the "petals" on the cone (cut out designer paper as I did and attach to the cone petal).
- Stamp Set: None
- Ink: None
- Paper: Pink Pirouette (#100459), Love Impressions Specialty Designer Paper (#121780)
- Accessories: Big Shot (#113439), Petal Cone Die (#121810), Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder (#117335), Red Glimmer Paper (#121790), Real Red 5/8" Satin Ribbon (#117286)
Products from the 2011 Occasions Mini can be ordered now! Sale-a-bration begins on January 25th!
To Order These (or Any) Stampin’ Up! Products On-Line 24/7, CLICK HERE!